Mechanical Design Engineerengineering-admin
Company: Repligen (Waterford)
Repligen is a multinational company with offices in the US, Europe, India, Asia & China. Our Ireland manufacturing operation is located in Waterford. Repligen is a bioprocessing-focused life sciences company bringing expertise and innovation to our customers since 1981. We are inspiring advances in bioprocessing through the development and commercialisation of high-value products and flexible solutions that address critical steps in the production of biologic drugs. As we expand our operations in Waterford, the Centre of Excellence for single-use consumable products used in bioprocessing applications for the organisation, we now have the Position of a Mechanical Design Engineer available.
Reporting directly to the Design Engineering Manager, the position of Mechanical Design Engineer is to assist the Design Engineering team with any engineering-related activities. (The full list of responsibilities can be found at https://careers-repligen.icims.com/jobs/3423/mechanical-design-engineer/job
- Familiar with the Product development process from inception to Design for Manufacture.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks CAD/PDM tools and mechanical design best practices.
- Familiar with mechanical design and drafting standards.
- Drafting and design experience and familiarity with GD&T.
- Ability to generate mechanical assembly drawings and bills of materials.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to multitask, function independently and adhere to deadlines.
- Knowledge of high-accuracy mechanical system design and manufacturing.
- Proficient with Project management tools and techniques.
- Ability to work outside normal office hours due to differing time zones.
- Ability to travel to support key projects mainly in the US, and Europe.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Higher Certificate (Hons Degree (NFQ Level 8) would be an advantage) in an Engineering/Product Design or relevant field.
- 1+ years experience in the same or similar role would be an advantage.
- SolidWorks CAD/PDM certificate would be an advantage.
- Experience with bioprocessing equipment or medical device design would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Moulding processes would be an advantage