Medical Design Engineerengineering-admin
Company: T. Butler Engineering Ltd (Kilkenny)
TBE specialises in the design and manufacture of CNC Wire Forming, Spring Making and Special Purpose Machinery, delivering turnkey solution to our customers across the globe from our manufacturing base in Fiddown, Piltown, County Kilkenny, Republic of Ireland.
This (Mechanical Design Engineer) is a key position in the company and the candidate will be responsible for the successful mechanical design of various machine and tooling projects. Working with the Design Manager and Managing Director and interacting directly with technical department staff across our customer base, the ideal candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Carrying out of machine and tooling project design, from the concept stage through to detailed design, including generation of Bills of Material and production drawings.
- Production of three dimensional drawings using Autodesk Inventor (3 – D) and Autocad (2 – D) software.
- Detailing component parts (dimensions) on all such drawings.
- Communication of such drawings to external tooling manufacturers and to the in-house tooling and machining department.
- Validation of machine and tooling construction relative to the original design during the assembly phase.
- Validation of materials received (such as ground flat stock metals, gearboxes and pneumatics) relative to the orders that have been placed with suppliers.
- Occasional international travel to our global customer base for technical meetings.
- 3rd level qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline (Desirable – not essential).
• Excellent people and communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Ability to work to demanding deadlines.
• Proficient in project management.
• 1+ years of experience within a similar role in an industrial engineering or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment (Desirable – not essential – we will also consider direct entry 3rd level candidates).
• Good IT skills generally – with basic proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Strong capability in written and oral English.
Salary is negotiable and will be heavily dependent upon relevant experience or qualifications as outlined above. The following guidance ranges apply:
• Direct Entry 3rd Level: EUR €33,280.00
• 2+ Years of relevant experience: EUR 35,360.00 .
• 5+ Years of relevant experience: EUR 37,440.00
Applications in writing to:
Ms. Joan Butler, T Butler Engineering Ltd firstname.lastname@example.org