Civils Laboratory Technicianengineering-admin
Company: MTS Ltd (Carlow)
Established in 1993, MTS is an Irish award-winning materials testing company providing laboratory and on-site testing to the Civil Engineering and Construction Industries. We offer a supportive and happy working environment with great opportunities for career progression. We provide training and career support to ensure our team are at the cutting edge of industry developments and technology. We promote employee well-being and believe in a meaningful work life balance. We are an equal opportunities employer, with a family friendly and respectful working culture.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at Ireland’s leading independent civils and construction materials testing laboratory. We are currently looking for an experienced Civils/ Construction Laboratory Technician to be based at our purpose build facility in Carlow town.
- Will perform testing on a range of material including asphalt, soil, aggregate, concrete and other construction materials.
- Operate construction materials laboratory testing equipment.
- Perform analysis or calculations to check accuracy of test data.
- Data input for report preparation.
- Ability to read and interpret material test methods.
- Proficient in basic mathematics with legible writing skills.
- Observant, dedicated and eager to learn.
- Full training will be provided
- Safety First – ensure the safety, health and welfare of all employees and customers.
- Ensure compliance with company quality management systems.
• Strong mathematical and numerical skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to carry out physical activities such as the handling or lifting of sometimes bulky construction materials.
• The ability to work as part of a team
Whilst comprehensive training will be provided for this position, it would be desirable if the candidate had some relevant experience in the construction or materials testing industry, or the quality department of a quarry, concrete or other construction manufacturer, or qualifications in construction / civil disciplines.
- Opportunities for Career Progression
There is an opportunity to obtain qualifications in construction materials testing through training and mentoring from industry leading professionals
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Schedule: 8 hour shift: Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types: Overtime Pay
Language: Fluent English (required)
Work Authorisation: Ireland (required)
Applications in writing to:
Mr Vincent Anderson, MTS Ltd. firstname.lastname@example.org