Quality Control/Assurance Managerengineering-admin
Company: Carten Controls Ltd (Waterford)
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at Carten Controls based in Waterford.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Sustain and develop the existing Quality Management System including the Procedures, QWIs and protocols.
- Responsibility for the development and maintenance of the ISO9001:2015 quality system. This includes ensuring that all quality systems are operational and effective, focused on continual improvement and compliance to market standards.
- Responsibility for the development and implementation of the ISO14001:2015 environment management system. This includes ensuring that all systems are operational and effective, focused on continual improvement and compliance to environmental standards.
- Responsibility for the development and maintenance of the 2014/68/EU PED EU directive. This includes ensuring that all quality systems are operational and effective and comply with legal EU directives to ensure market regulations are met for manufacturing.
- Cooperate effectively with Technology & Development division to successfully introduce new products and technologies.
- Conduct risk assessments in workflows and procedures to ensure effective and repetitive outputs are achieved in manufacturing.
- Conduct Internal Audits to identify process gaps and improvements including preparing a detail plan for implementation of new recommended processes and procedures. This will assume total ownership of the proposed procedure for implementation.
- Provide Quality leadership to environmentally controlled manufacturing and production areas.
- Manage and prepare site quality systems incorporating ERP system implementation and dedicated QMS applications.
- Participate and lead internal and external supplier auditing, customer complaints, product release, validation, 6S auditing and actioning, change control and QC testing.
- Lead and drive projects for Problem Solving, Failure & Root Cause Analysis, Risk Assessment & FMEAs, activities within the Carten team.
- Support supplier management in Material Quality, Certification and Validation activities in existing and new markets.
- Develop and implement Inspection Monitoring and Process Control procedures to improve operational efficiency.
- Lead and execute Validation/Qualification activities within the Team. Validation documentation authoring and review.
- Work within the business unit cross functional team to continuously improve its achievement of quality and business goals.
- Provide training in Quality Processes, Procedures, Practices & Techniques to the extended production and technical team to enhance knowledge and quality focus in the company.
- Implement and sustain “Lean” tools and methodologies throughout the business.
- Leading and implementing various continuous improvement projects for the company within Quality and Manufacturing operations.
- Enhancing customer relations and perception with Carten through potential visits to the Asia, central Europe, United States and the Middle East for the purpose of working with customers to provide technical support.
- The successful candidate will ideally be qualified to a degree level in a Quality or Engineering related discipline with a minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience.
- Previous experience in a Quality Engineering or Engineering role, with a customer-facing element is required.
- Experience with writing, reviewing and verifying Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Experience and knowledge of operating in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) environment.
- In depth knowledge of the ISO Quality Management Systems (9001, 14001 etc).
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills are required with an ability to effectively communicate improvement projects to management and customers.
- Experience in Engineering/Manufacturing regulated environment is preferable.
- Experience in managing people and providing leadership and direction Quality people.
- Ability to manage and work in a fast paced and dynamic working environment is essential.
- Experience and background in LEAN manufacturing environment preferable with a Green Belt / Black Belt in Six Sigma.
- Some travel may be expected as requested.
- Full clean drivers licence required.
Applications in writing to:
Ms Amy McGrath, Carten Controls email@example.com