CPD Engagement Programmeengineering-admin
SETU CPD Engagement Programme for Industry
SETU Carlow Department of Built Environment is running a New In-person CPD Engagment Programme for Industry.
The programme consists of 4 CPD seminars throughout the year. Each session will have an interactive workshop element that will ensure there is collaboration and peer to peer learning benefits for candidates.
Overview of Seminars:
10th March Applying Assertiveness in the Construction Industry
16th June Understanding Site Investigations
29th September Geothermal Energy
24th November Applying modern surveying and GPS techniques in Civil Engineering and Construction Projects
Benefits of CPD:
- Keeping skills up to date
- Linking learning to practice
- Ensure credentials remain current
Seminar 2: Understanding Site Investigations
- Have you ever looked into an excavation and pondered whether it’s good enough to support your foundation or are the sides stable?
- Have you ever picked up excavated soil and wondered “what is it”? Is it soft or loose or firm or stiff or dense? And what does soft or loose or firm or stiff or dense mean to foundations?
- Have you ever come across the term CBR but not realised there are different types of CBR values for different construction uses?
Brian O’Byrne is a Lecturer in Civil Engineering at SETU Carlow, a Fellow of Engineers Ireland and a Chartered Engineer, Chartered Health and Safety Practitioner and Registered Ground Engineering Professional (RoGEP – Adviser Level), ICE. He has more than 30 years experience working with Civil Contractors, Geotechnical Contractors and Engineering Consultants.