Mechanical Project Engineer
Company: Dawn Meats
Dawn Meats is one of Europe’s leading beef and lamb processing companies with locations across Ireland, UK, France and continental Europe employing over 7,000 employees.
We are looking for a Mechanical Project Engineer to work as part of the wider Group Engineering team in order to ensure that relevant projects are completed in line with the Engineering Team’s strategy and goals.
Location: Grannagh, Waterford
Reporting to: Lead Engineer
Contract type: Full-Time/Permanent
The successful candidate will work as part of the Engineering team and will be responsible for:
- Management of the design, implementation and handover of multi-disciplinary engineering projects; focusing on a broad range of Group Projects from Building Services, Production facility Upgrades, Project management of small and large-scale projects.;
- Manage and coordinate element on multiple projects on various production sites for the duration of projects;
- Implement and adhere to company project management procedures and SOPs to deliver projects;
- Design and tender of engineering projects, including generating user requirement specifications, tender specifications and tender drawings;
- Verification, commissioning and handover of engineering systems to end users;
- Develop project budgets and manage for the lifecycle of the project;
- Work as part of a wider project team and assist in the delivery of key projects;
- Facilitate and participate in the department’s continuous improvement program;
- Design engineering systems and upgrades and implement same;
- Provide technical support to production sites.
The ideal Candidate will have:
- A 3rd Level qualification in Building Services Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Project Management, or similar.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in a Project Engineering role within Engineering Project Management functions with experience working on medium and large-scale capital projects.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including MS Project;
- Excellent AutoCAD skills;
- Certified qualification in Project Management preferable;
- Proven experience in delivering projects from conception to completion;
- Proven budget management experience;
- Strong knowledge of Health & Safety requirements and legislation;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Proven experience of strong organisational skills;
Interested candidates can apply by sending a copy of their CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org