Company: DPF Engineering (Carlow)
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at DPF Engineering based in Carlow. DPF have been manufacturing complex metallic components and assemblies for Aerospace and Med-Tech industries since 2010.
What we Offer You:
NQA Level 6 Certificate Career prospects working in a progressive company.
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager
- Learn the trade of a highly skilled Toolmaker
- Learn how to operate manual precision engineering equipment
- Learn to Program CNC Machines to machine parts complete from design drawings using CAD/CAM and traditional methods.
- Learn to Read and interpret engineering drawings, geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to all safety procedures.
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities.
The candidate will have:
- Minimum of Leaving Certificate Education. Application must be accompanied by LC results.
- Good command of English, both spoken and written
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Applications in writing to: email@example.com
Quality Control/Assurance Manager
Company: Carten Controls Ltd (Waterford)
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at Carten Controls based in Waterford.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Sustain and develop the existing Quality Management System including the Procedures, QWIs and protocols.
- Responsibility for the development and maintenance of the ISO9001:2015 quality system. This includes ensuring that all quality systems are operational and effective, focused on continual improvement and compliance to market standards.
- Responsibility for the development and implementation of the ISO14001:2015 environment management system. This includes ensuring that all systems are operational and effective, focused on continual improvement and compliance to environmental standards.
- Responsibility for the development and maintenance of the 2014/68/EU PED EU directive. This includes ensuring that all quality systems are operational and effective and comply with legal EU directives to ensure market regulations are met for manufacturing.
- Cooperate effectively with Technology & Development division to successfully introduce new products and technologies.
- Conduct risk assessments in workflows and procedures to ensure effective and repetitive outputs are achieved in manufacturing.
- Conduct Internal Audits to identify process gaps and improvements including preparing a detail plan for implementation of new recommended processes and procedures. This will assume total ownership of the proposed procedure for implementation.
- Provide Quality leadership to environmentally controlled manufacturing and production areas.
- Manage and prepare site quality systems incorporating ERP system implementation and dedicated QMS applications.
- Participate and lead internal and external supplier auditing, customer complaints, product release, validation, 6S auditing and actioning, change control and QC testing.
- Lead and drive projects for Problem Solving, Failure & Root Cause Analysis, Risk Assessment & FMEAs, activities within the Carten team.
- Support supplier management in Material Quality, Certification and Validation activities in existing and new markets.
- Develop and implement Inspection Monitoring and Process Control procedures to improve operational efficiency.
- Lead and execute Validation/Qualification activities within the Team. Validation documentation authoring and review.
- Work within the business unit cross functional team to continuously improve its achievement of quality and business goals.
- Provide training in Quality Processes, Procedures, Practices & Techniques to the extended production and technical team to enhance knowledge and quality focus in the company.
- Implement and sustain “Lean” tools and methodologies throughout the business.
- Leading and implementing various continuous improvement projects for the company within Quality and Manufacturing operations.
- Enhancing customer relations and perception with Carten through potential visits to the Asia, central Europe, United States and the Middle East for the purpose of working with customers to provide technical support.
- The successful candidate will ideally be qualified to a degree level in a Quality or Engineering related discipline with a minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience.
- Previous experience in a Quality Engineering or Engineering role, with a customer-facing element is required.
- Experience with writing, reviewing and verifying Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Experience and knowledge of operating in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) environment.
- In depth knowledge of the ISO Quality Management Systems (9001, 14001 etc).
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills are required with an ability to effectively communicate improvement projects to management and customers.
- Experience in Engineering/Manufacturing regulated environment is preferable.
- Experience in managing people and providing leadership and direction Quality people.
- Ability to manage and work in a fast paced and dynamic working environment is essential.
- Experience and background in LEAN manufacturing environment preferable with a Green Belt / Black Belt in Six Sigma.
- Some travel may be expected as requested.
- Full clean drivers licence required.
Applications in writing to:
Ms Amy McGrath, Carten Controls firstname.lastname@example.org
Civils Laboratory Technician
Company: MTS Ltd (Carlow)
Established in 1993, MTS is an Irish award-winning materials testing company providing laboratory and on-site testing to the Civil Engineering and Construction Industries. We offer a supportive and happy working environment with great opportunities for career progression. We provide training and career support to ensure our team are at the cutting edge of industry developments and technology. We promote employee well-being and believe in a meaningful work life balance. We are an equal opportunities employer, with a family friendly and respectful working culture.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at Ireland’s leading independent civils and construction materials testing laboratory. We are currently looking for an experienced Civils/ Construction Laboratory Technician to be based at our purpose build facility in Carlow town.
- Will perform testing on a range of material including asphalt, soil, aggregate, concrete and other construction materials.
- Operate construction materials laboratory testing equipment.
- Perform analysis or calculations to check accuracy of test data.
- Data input for report preparation.
- Ability to read and interpret material test methods.
- Proficient in basic mathematics with legible writing skills.
- Observant, dedicated and eager to learn.
- Full training will be provided
- Safety First – ensure the safety, health and welfare of all employees and customers.
- Ensure compliance with company quality management systems.
• Strong mathematical and numerical skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to carry out physical activities such as the handling or lifting of sometimes bulky construction materials.
• The ability to work as part of a team
Whilst comprehensive training will be provided for this position, it would be desirable if the candidate had some relevant experience in the construction or materials testing industry, or the quality department of a quarry, concrete or other construction manufacturer, or qualifications in construction / civil disciplines.
- Opportunities for Career Progression
There is an opportunity to obtain qualifications in construction materials testing through training and mentoring from industry leading professionals
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Schedule: 8 hour shift: Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types: Overtime Pay
Language: Fluent English (required)
Work Authorisation: Ireland (required)
Applications in writing to:
Mr Vincent Anderson, MTS Ltd. email@example.com
Medical Design Engineer
Company: T. Butler Engineering Ltd (Kilkenny)
TBE specialises in the design and manufacture of CNC Wire Forming, Spring Making and Special Purpose Machinery, delivering turnkey solution to our customers across the globe from our manufacturing base in Fiddown, Piltown, County Kilkenny, Republic of Ireland.
This (Mechanical Design Engineer) is a key position in the company and the candidate will be responsible for the successful mechanical design of various machine and tooling projects. Working with the Design Manager and Managing Director and interacting directly with technical department staff across our customer base, the ideal candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Carrying out of machine and tooling project design, from the concept stage through to detailed design, including generation of Bills of Material and production drawings.
- Production of three dimensional drawings using Autodesk Inventor (3 – D) and Autocad (2 – D) software.
- Detailing component parts (dimensions) on all such drawings.
- Communication of such drawings to external tooling manufacturers and to the in-house tooling and machining department.
- Validation of machine and tooling construction relative to the original design during the assembly phase.
- Validation of materials received (such as ground flat stock metals, gearboxes and pneumatics) relative to the orders that have been placed with suppliers.
- Occasional international travel to our global customer base for technical meetings.
- 3rd level qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline (Desirable – not essential).
• Excellent people and communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Ability to work to demanding deadlines.
• Proficient in project management.
• 1+ years of experience within a similar role in an industrial engineering or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment (Desirable – not essential – we will also consider direct entry 3rd level candidates).
• Good IT skills generally – with basic proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Strong capability in written and oral English.
Salary is negotiable and will be heavily dependent upon relevant experience or qualifications as outlined above. The following guidance ranges apply:
• Direct Entry 3rd Level: EUR €33,280.00
• 2+ Years of relevant experience: EUR 35,360.00 .
• 5+ Years of relevant experience: EUR 37,440.00
Applications in writing to:
Ms. Joan Butler, T Butler Engineering Ltd firstname.lastname@example.org
Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Company: Alltech Farming Solutions (Carlow)
ALLTECH FARMING SOLUTIONS LIMITED t/a KEENAN headquartered in Borris, Co. Carlow is a world leading feed efficiency technology company promoting long-term profitable farm solutions through the KEENAN MechFiber system to the global dairy and beef sectors. Established in 1978, KEENAN is a respected leader in ethical and profitable farming solutions – focused on maximizing feed efficiency.
KEENAN are looking to recruit an electrician to join their maintenance team based in Borris, Co. Carlow
- Install, repair, or replace wiring, electrical fixtures.
- Support and maintain preventive maintenance routines on machines & equipment.
- Advise & support production team in maximising plant efficiencies.
- Identify & resolve recurring downtime/inefficient operational issues.
- Test & repair weighing equipment.
- Adhere to Safety, EMS, ISO & IPC procedures.
- Carry out any reasonable duties as required by the Maintenance Manager.
- Communicate effectively with all areas of the business.
- Qualified electrician with a minimum of 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Have experience of electrical fault finding and a proven ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair.
- A solid understanding of electrical industrial equipment and machinery. Knowledge of PM software.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-motivated, works well on own initiative, requires minimal supervision
An attractive remuneration package is on offer to the successful candidate.
Applications in writing to:
Ms. Helen Phelan, Alltech Farming Solutions Ltd, Borris, Co. Carlow or email HPhelan@Alltech.com
CNC Operators & Setters
Company: PB Machine Tech (Carlow)
Interested, capable energetic people who join our team will be trained both in our on-site precision training academy (PTAC) and on the job within focused, flexible production teams
Training will include the basics of CNC Operation, Technical drawings interpretation, precision measurement, quality control, safety and general engineering.
Previous engineering experience would be desirable but is not essential.
The role of CNC operators is to produce piston rods and tubes which are key component parts of our hydraulic cylinders.
Day and Evening shifts are available.
Contact us at email@example.com
Mechanical Design Engineer
Company: Repligen (Waterford)
Repligen is a multinational company with offices in the US, Europe, India, Asia & China. Our Ireland manufacturing operation is located in Waterford. Repligen is a bioprocessing-focused life sciences company bringing expertise and innovation to our customers since 1981. We are inspiring advances in bioprocessing through the development and commercialisation of high-value products and flexible solutions that address critical steps in the production of biologic drugs. As we expand our operations in Waterford, the Centre of Excellence for single-use consumable products used in bioprocessing applications for the organisation, we now have the Position of a Mechanical Design Engineer available.
Reporting directly to the Design Engineering Manager, the position of Mechanical Design Engineer is to assist the Design Engineering team with any engineering-related activities. (The full list of responsibilities can be found at https://careers-repligen.icims.com/jobs/3423/mechanical-design-engineer/job
- Familiar with the Product development process from inception to Design for Manufacture.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks CAD/PDM tools and mechanical design best practices.
- Familiar with mechanical design and drafting standards.
- Drafting and design experience and familiarity with GD&T.
- Ability to generate mechanical assembly drawings and bills of materials.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to multitask, function independently and adhere to deadlines.
- Knowledge of high-accuracy mechanical system design and manufacturing.
- Proficient with Project management tools and techniques.
- Ability to work outside normal office hours due to differing time zones.
- Ability to travel to support key projects mainly in the US, and Europe.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Higher Certificate (Hons Degree (NFQ Level 8) would be an advantage) in an Engineering/Product Design or relevant field.
- 1+ years experience in the same or similar role would be an advantage.
- SolidWorks CAD/PDM certificate would be an advantage.
- Experience with bioprocessing equipment or medical device design would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Moulding processes would be an advantage
Graduate Level 8 Mechanical Engineering
Company: Jones Engineering
Jones Engineering seek a Level 8 Graduate Mechanical Engineer for an immediate start. The role requirements include:
- Position available based in Jones Engineering Manufacturing in Muine Bheag to support large scale commercial, industrial, pharma and data centre projects
- Facility based position – valid Safepass / Manual handling certificates required for successful applicants
- Relevant third level qualification essential
- 0-1 years’ experience post qualification desirable
- Knowledge of a contracting environment would be advantageous
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a multi-functional team essential
- Excellent IT Skills essential
- Excellent communication and organisation skills essential
- Salary will be in line with qualifications and experience.
Joining our team means joining our legacy. Jones Engineering have over 130 years’ experience as a world class engineering contractor. Our core divisions include Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Sprinkler and Fire Protection. Some of the other services we provide for our private, public and government clients include Waste to Energy (BioEnergy), Specialist Lift, Off Site Fabrication, Technical Support Services, Maintenance, Asset Management, BIM (Building Information Modelling) and Geo-Surveying. We offer competitive salaries, financial support for further training, Continuous Professional Development (CPD) leading to chartered status, performance incentives and the ability to progress your career with a world class engineering contractor.